Sunday, February 26, 2012

Run over by a Truck

Nobody was actually run over by a truck this week (thank goodness) but I sure as hell feel like it.  After several weeks of being told Donald would have training to go to, he was handed a training rip at work.  So for 6 weeks from the end of May to June he'll be in Georgia.  Not a big deal normally, but now it has a large impact on how much work I can get done.

We were also informed that our NM house is sucking more money out of us.  The stove needed $230 worth of repair from damage (they think mice did it) and then the damn water heater died.  That cost $724 all by itself.  So almost another 1K in damage in one week.  I'm so not happy with that damn house. least these repairs had nothing to do with the asshat tenants who wrecked the place.  There's horrible mineral amounts in the water in Alamagordo, NM that wreck everything, so no surprise on the water heater.

I get the super fun job of talking to my current babysitter and basically telling her that I'm going to have to start looking for another sitter on Tuesday.  It kind of sucks because I like her and my kids love her.  But the problem is she brings her kids sometimes when she watches my kids....and if my kids are sick she doesn't want to watch them.  Now when I say sick I mean a cold or stomach bug...nothing serious.  This bugs the shit out of me because I've let her bring her kids to my house when they're sick because a simple bug doesn't bother me.  But I can't have a sitter who doesn't want to come over because she MIGHT get her kids sick.  I have a limited amount of time to get the hours needed for my degree and if I don't get them because my sitter doesn't want to watch kids that might make her kids sick, then I don't get my degree.  And that's not acceptable. the bad mom who gets to talk to the sitter.  Yay.

I missed my phone supervision session because my school supervisor had to switch the days and I got confused.  Had to leave my site early on Tuesday because of the whole babysitter thing.  Missed seeing clients on Tuesday which I hate because I feel like I should be there.  Donald was late man on Friday which means he goes in around 8 pm and gets home at O'dark thirty.  Only when he got home around 3 am he got a phone call from work at 8:30 am because they're apparently unable to look at their schedule.  And last night Dare ran a fever.

So's been that kind of week.  I'm hoping next week will be a lot less chaotic and maybe even a harbinger of good news. 


  1. Did you get the licence number of that truck? Hope things go smoother this week.

  2. Your other house is in Alamagordo? That's not too far from us! :)

    I hope you have a better week this week. And don't be afraid to talk to your sitter--your needs to be met because you're the one paying her, not vice versa!

  3. We were stationed at Holloman AFB for 4 years before we got our last set of orders for Langley AFB in Virginia. And we bought a modular home because we weren't expecting to get orders...then the real estate market crashed and we're stuck with the house. But I have hopes that it will even out soon as we do have a new renter :)

    And thanks...I'm hoping to keep her on because she is great, but I can't have the double-standards with our child care.