Saturday, February 11, 2012

Double Peanut Butter Cookies

This is a recipe I meant to make over the Thanksgiving/Yule/Christmas time frame, but it didn't happen.  Cuz that whole holiday typhoon doesn't leave a whole lot of time.  So I'm making Donald these cookies for Valentine's Day since we're on a very fixed budget (thanks to the asshat who trashed out rental home in NM & made us use the money in our savings account to fix it up again.)  I've never been the whole "I love Valentine's Day" girl...in fact I'm pretty much anti-V day because it's just about making money for corporations.  But hey, I can still bake the cookies LOL


Side note:  this is a fairly small recipe, so feel free to double it for a larger batch.


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (not low fat)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter chips


Heat oven to 350 degrees.


Beat butter, sugar, & peanut butter in large bowl until creamy.  Add egg & vanilla; beat well.  Stir together flour, baking soda, & salt.  Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.  Stir in peanut butter chips.  Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, 6 cookies per sheet.  (I make my cookies smaller b/c my kids don't need a HUGE cookie like that.  And I use parchment paper, but YMMV.)


Bake 12 - 16 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.  Cool 1 minute, remove to finish cooling on wire rack.  Makes about a dozen HUGE cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment