Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

I wanted to make some pumpkin cookies with white chips, so I went to allrecipes.com and found this -http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-chocolate-pumpkin-dreams/detail.aspx


But....it wasn't what I was really looking for.  Because I wanted to taste the pumpkin as well as the white chocolate chips.  So...I modified it a bit.  


First off, I cooked down a small pumpkin pie pumpkin.  If you don't know how to do this, you preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Cut the pumpkin in half from the middle, not through the stem.  Take out the guts & seeds.  Then get a cookie sheet & put some aluminum foil on it.  Rub some oil onto both the foil and the inside of the pumpkin (don't forget to get the parts that will be touching the foil.)  Then stick the pumpkin onto the cookie sheet & put it into your oven for 45-60 minutes depending on the size of your pumpkin.  You will be able to smell the pumpkin when it is fully cooked & it's ready to come out...also the flesh will be soft.  You can scoop out your freshly cooked pumpkin with an ice cream scoop & freeze whatever you don't use.


Here's what I put into my cookies versus the original recipe -


1 cup light butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cooked pumpkin
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces white chocolate or vanilla chips
1/2 cup pulverized pecans


Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until firm.  Remove to wire racks to cool.


I didn't use the frosting because some of these cookies I'm sending as gifts to other people.  They turned out really yummy and I think at least a bit healthier than the original recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment